Disasters happen when you least expect it. The last thing you want is to have none of the essential items you will need for you and your family to survive. Luckily there are some ways that you can be prepared without even having to see in the future. Here are 15 items you should have in your emergency preparedness kit.
- Water–There is nothing as important as water when you are trying to survive. You should have a water supply that will get you through at least 3 days. Once those three days are up, a water purifier will be a great way to keep you and your family hydrated.
- Food– When making an emergency preparedness kit, it is vital to have nonperishable goods that you can pull out and eat for at least three days. This can include anything from dried goods to canned goods.
- Light–A flashlight with additional batteries should help you navigate during the night or in dark areas.
- Local Maps–keep you from getting disoriented
- Hygiene Items–Toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, and any other necessary hygiene products you will need to keep clean can help prevent diseases and problems.
- Sleeping bag
- First Aid kits–Should include personal medication and basic supplies to take care of major injuries or illnesses.
- Multi tools–This can include duct tape, utility knives, hammers, or anything else that can have multiple functions to complete tasks.
- Clothing–an extra pair of clothing can help you stay warm and keep you healthy and motivated.
- Backpackers stove– For easy and portable cooking
- Matches/Lighters–at one point or another, you will need to start a fire. Having a simple tool to do this makes life a hundred times easier.
- Special needs items
There can be a dozen other things that you will need personally. Make sure you address those needs and everything else on this list. When disaster strikes, you will be ready to help yourself as well as others because you were willing to prepare!