Summer time is approaching quickly and with the warmer weather comes summer vacations, trips home from college, and visits to old friends. All of this travel is a lot of fun, but if you aren’t doing it right, it can also be really stressful.
Now is the time to make the most of summer travel by eliminating the stress and doing it right.
Tips to Keep Your Summer Travels Smooth
- Travel on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. These days tend to have the cheapest flights and shortest lines.
- Check Flight Status at Home. Sometimes flights are cancelled, and if you check the status before you leave home, you can save yourself a drive.
- Check in Before Arriving. Especially if you aren’t checking a bag, this can save you some serious time waiting in line.
- Bring Snacks. Liquids are obviously not allowed through security, but a few snacks from home can go a long way towards keeping you satisfied on the plane ride.
- Choose a Small Carry on. This simple step will make your travels within the airport a lot simpler.
- Dress up. You may be surprised at the better treatment you receive if you look nice and ready for your flight.
- Dress Comfortably. That being said, you should choose something you won’t find uncomfortable over the course of your plane ride.
- Download Useful Travel Apps. There are seriously apps for everything, and having some good apps for travel can save a lot of trouble down the line.
- Keep Important Items Close. You will probably need to get out your ID and maybe your credit card, so keep them easily accessible.
Have Fun! Whatever you are traveling for, you deserve a good experience, so make the most of it and have a ball!