The first year of your college experience can be a whirlwind adventure, but those who go into the storm prepared can be assured that they can be ready for the multiple life changes that are coming their way. There are many things that an incoming college freshman can do to prepare for their first year at a university and striving to become prepared early will help a student to have an easier transition into an independent and adult life while simultaneously helping them to be better positioned to find success.
Prepare for Change
A person starting college for the first time will need to be prepared for a whole world of changes to their lives and lifestyle, which means that a person preparing for this monumental change in how things are done will need to prepare for a wide variety of things. From learning to do laundry to planning out time, a new college freshman can do themselves a favor by preparing ahead of time for a wide range and can be helped in doing so by following some of these few tips:
- Register early
- Attend freshmen orientation
- Move in early to get settled before school starts
- Buy books early (and online to save money at the book store)
- Take one fun class, all else should be relevant towards getting you through college in a timely manner
- Practice managing time
- Learn to do your own laundry and other household chores
- Set a schedule that includes study and physical fitness routines
By doing these and other preparatory acts, an incoming college freshman will be better able to find success in college.
Photo Credit: http://collegefinancialcoach.com/college-planning/
There are no comments yet.